Saturday, February 20, 2010

Canned Soup

My lazy side reared it's ugly head tonight. Well, maybe it wasn't laziness. I still get tired very easy, but getting better every day. Tonight I made soup. A really easy soup that the kids seemed to like. Hubby bought 2 cans of condensed bean and bacon soup 2 weeks ago for his lunch, but never used them. I decided they looked good for dinner for the kids and I tonight. Here is the recipe.

2 cans condensed bean and bacon soup (pour in 2 cans water with them(
1 can green bean (drained)
1 can corn kernals (drained)
1 can diced tomaotes with juice
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can pinto beans (drained)
1 package hot dogs (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 handfuls dehydrates red and green peppers
2 handfuls dehydrated onions
garlic powder, Tony Chacherer's seasoning (a creole seasoning), salt and pepper to taste

Pour everything into a pot, heat and serve.

This would be good with any kind of meat, but I had hotdogs handy and the kids seemed to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment